Merchandise Strategy / Business Visioning
- Develop, manage, and operate strategies for assigned distribution channels which are critical to business success.
- Identify key marketplace trends within footwear and develop strategies to maximize opportunities.
- Review and adjust assortments to optimize the area product efficiency and market opportunities across distribution channels & accounts.
- Use consumer and geographical insight to build area ranges by distribution channel based on the sales budget plan.
- Develop and drive execution of a footwear area merchandising plan to deliver against agreed KPIs and objectives.
- Manage and deliver accurate forecasting within deadlines and targets.
- Ensure financial targets are delivered through pricing management
- Monitor and manage seasonal product performance to ensure the range meets the retailer & consumer needs
- Deliver standout presentations
- Collaborate with sales to drive key seasonal product initiatives in the area.
- Work closely with sales to execute flow plans and door strategies in line with specific market needs.
- Adopt regional merchandising plan and refine/tailor for specific channels, key accounts, doors.
Influence Future Product
- Influence future product architecture through driving a rigorous area bottom-up / top-down line planning process to achieve optimum product lines.
- Provide consumer, competitive and distribution qualitative and quantitative feedback to GTM team.
- Identify new business opportunities and feedback to the Global business.
- Assist the area Head of Merchandising in developing a team to exceed industry standards and skill sets.
- Assist in the development of succession planning disciplines to maintain an all-time effectiveness of the merchandising organisation.
- Develop and empower team members within projects and responsibilities
Champion the Consumer
- Identify, prioritize and frame consumer insights for the GTM merch team to influence the product creation process.
- Translate qualitative information (consumer trends, colour, material, fit, price value, performance innovation needs etc.) into compelling consumer insights.
- Translate quantitative information (revenue & pricing margin goals, FOB targets, forecasts, productivity/efficiency targets) along with consumer insights to deliver compelling area/country insights.
- Own financial and style/article investment/targets across Select / Sports lifestyle BU.
- Create bottom-up forecast (with Area Sales team) as a check/balance to the Regional top-down forecast.
- Work with planning & finance to reconcile forecasts.
- Grow profitability.
- Own area gross margin %.