Senior Manager Material Innovation Apparel
Kowloon, Hong Kong
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Degree in Textile / Fashion / Clothing related discipline
- Minimum 7-10 years’ relevant experience in garment/sportswear industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, flexible with entrepreneur mind set
- Good command of English
- Support/feed the Innovation apparel product creation with the next generation of functional materials
- Develop new and innovative solutions for performance apparel concepts – through fibers, material, architecture, wearables and further, using your technical experience
- Seek material/garment/technical solutions for performance athletes and our consumer needs – for today and tomorrows consumer. Be aware of the consumer profile and the performance benefits our athletes require
- Develop strong ties with industry suppliers to explore material and garment manufacturing methods to create new solutions
- Monitor, identify, evaluate and share emerging materials/fabrication trends methods at the fiber, garment construction and process levels to the team
- Visit tradeshows within the textile arena and beyond to build up a portfolio of new inspiration. Use your explorative mindset to support your network connections
- Bring ideas and inspiring concepts to the table on a regular basis, based on your research and input for the research team and translate to our future consumer’s needs. (3-4 ideas per quarter/year)
- Nurture high level, professional relationships with external suppliers and vendors; existing and be able to identify new partners. Travel across the region to local suppliers and factories on a regular basis
- Work with Product Development both at headquarters and PGS to execute material/garment/technical innovations and methods that consider costing parameters while advancing innovation initiatives
- Support product teams with technical and commercial expertise to ensure clear ‘handover’ to inline businesses
- Function on a daily basis as the liaison between Innovation, PGS and external partners. Use Tracking Tools as clear updates within the team to ensure knowledge exchange through clear documentation and reporting on a regular basis
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.