- Budgeting and planning for the category keeping in mind the targeted category contribution, sales and margin.
- Range selection and Buying to reflect brand strategy as well as country’s specific needs
- Aligning MRP for the future buy with the category team keeping in mind competition price benchmarking and company strategy on gross margin.
- Supervising Retail Allocations keeping in mind right product right door. Involves understanding of Grading/Banding/Clustering of Retail doors.
- Optimizing SKU efficiency, ASP and ROS in retail.
- Ensuring timely launch and inward planning for the store.
- Supervising periodic replenishments for controlled locations.
- Controlling inventory levels through regular sales/sell thru analysis and discounting of old stocks based on targeted margins.
- Market study to keep in touch with market trends, competition pricing and new innovations.
- Regular updates to the international team during buying of a season & regular course of business.
- Understanding of store layouts & requirements to optimize on the stock efficiency for the season.
CRITICALITY OF POSITION:
The position defines the mix of product & retail centric approach. This will impact the top line, margins & sell through for the retail vertical.