Accountable for buy spend, OTB/buy level management, divisional inventory control and option count.
Responsible for transparency, visibility and communication of key data and analysis to the business for effective decision making.
- Responsible for delivering strategy, strategy updates and proposals on key decisions to the business and responsible for gaining agreement with Senior Management.
- Develop seasonal/quarterly strategy, reviewing and identifying lessons
- Create department targets and strategy proposal for Management to review and agree.
- Assortment plan financials to maximize profit, sales, space density and options flow whilst optimizing inventory and managing risk on-trend products. Compare option requirements and mix vs. field requests and VM information, feedback and quantify gaps to business.
- Ensure that in-season and pre-season plans and targets are balanced to match space and supports store budgeted plans (sales, margin, density, and inventory). Accountable for bottom-up and top-down pre- and in-season targets to fulfill budget targets e.g., back best sellers in appropriate depth and manage risk on-trend product.
- Manage In-season stock investment to deliver planned targets for stores and for divisional/departmental areas of responsibility
- Analyze the Bestsellers and Worst-sellers and give the suggestion to maximize the performance
- Weekly recap – from store feedback information identify risks and opportunities for areas of responsibility and propose to business
- Weekly reporting. Create weekly sales reports to be supplied throughout the retail business
- Review, analyze and propose adjustments to allocation plans, based on current trends, store performance and feedback from the field team. Take into consideration Option plans and target stock levels. Create an action plan, agree with the Buyer, and implement.
- Review product performance daily/weekly to optimize inventory investment by store and drive sales
- Compile and analyze store history, by region and store profiles for future planning
- Allocate and build the stock for new store openings/refurbishments according to targets. Monitor new store performance and recommend actions
- Create and load history and activate product records for the new allocation system
- Prepare Option/style list with markdown price proposal then sign off with Buyer and assist in implementing agreed markdowns with Stores.
- Manage the stock transfers from Full-Priced to Outlet DC`s with the Retail Allocator.