Corporate & Environmental Social Responsibility
Manager Environmental Sustainability
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Bachelor's Degree or above, with environmental sustainability related experience.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in the garment/textile/footwear industry with environmental sustainability strategy.
- Solid knowledge/ experience on the topic of resource efficiency (energy, water, waste, etc..) and local regulations.
- Good management skill, data analysis. Leadership: good leadership skills, team spirit and ability to work individually.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Supply Chain Environmental Performance Monitoring
- Monitor implementation progress of the Higg FEM in China and Taiwan supply chain, with both self-assessment and verification to meet PUMA requirement on certain deadline and target level. Analyze verification result and convert it into PUMA rating by inhouse defined rule. Identify from the result the zero tolerance issues, critical issues and major issues if any and report it out in regular team meetings.
- Provide in-time support and Higg FEM available capacity building from stakeholders/service providers. And make sure the factories have the necessary resource to reach PUMA expectations on environmental performance.
- Carry out Risk assessment base on regional supply chain's environmental performance by using EIQ platform. Define action plan of continuous improvement to minimize the risk. Assist reporting to higher level management (preparing data and slides, etc.)
Environmental KPI Data Collection and Validation
- Following the SOP to roll out the annual campaign by using the in-house tool to collect supply chain environmental KPIs. Operation data should be collected offline on a quarterly basis. This task includes sending communication, training and guiding suppliers on how to collect and validate operation data before report to PUMA and following up campaign progress.
- Consolidate the eKPIs collected and carry out data analysis. Identify the progress and the gap against the target. Define action plan to ensure the achieving the targets with necessary resource.
- Assist on 3rd party assurance process for annual report on the regional supply chain data. Address comments from the 3rd party and set up improvement plan.
- Through partnership with the industry stakeholders to roll out and monitor the supply chain environmental projects, including climate action (energy efficiency and renewable energy), water & waste reduction, circularity, more sustainable products, etc.
- Collect actions implementation from suppliers (driven by PUMA or others) and complete periodic report for internal and external reporting purposes. Create pool of good practice. Measure outcome from these projects and approach for next step decision.
- Provide guidance to suppliers regarding environmental target setting. Ensure suppliers' targets are aligned with PUMA ambition or above. And track progress on a regular bases.
- Support chemical team on implementation of chemical management projects such as ZDHC Supplier to Zero, BHive etc. when needed.
External Stakeholder Management & Legal Framework Management
- Implement due diligence process with external stakeholders including other brands, NGOs, industry association and coalitions, service providers, government's sustainability department, etc.. for possible updates, potential renewal of regulations, expectation, initiatives and targets, etc.
- Keep updated and collect any change of local legal framework on related environmental subjects.
- Organize the Supplier Sustainability Round Table Meetings (face-to-face / virtual) as well as the other stakeholder meetings for specific topics.
Coordination with Other Internal PUMA Teams
- Be a contact point of Environmental Sustainability team for Footwear in China and Taiwan for development, production and other relevant teams regarding environmental sustainability issues.
- Support other team member's effort when necessary.
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.