Creative & Design
Lead Designer Prime Partnerships & Speed
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Fashion and/or relevant field of study
- Minimum 8+ years relevant experience in the fashion, sportswear or casual sports lifestyle space specializing in footwear
- Experience of directly leading a small design is a strong advantage
- Proficiency and refinement in all stages of presentation, from concept to final design review
- Have a broad knowledge of apparel manufacturing and prototype making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MAC, CAD and analytical skills
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a cooperative, diverse group
- Leadership capabilities, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Tremendous attention to detail, and extraordinary time-management skills
- Team player with ability to adapt to change quickly and with minimum supervision
- Please also add your PORTFOLIO to your application.
- Lead in creation and execution of innovative apparel designs which meets the requirements of the PUMA SPORTSTYLE BU briefs, process and calendar
- Integrate product and technical developments into apparel design for the product category / customer
- Under the direction of the Product Leader, collect market intelligence, providing all involved with accurate and up-to-date information on design trends and developments and utilizes them effectively
- Produce, maintain and update creative presentations, sketches, Illustrator drawings, specifications, mood board, colour directions, commenting s/o as required
- Launch innovative apparel design ideas in line with specific product strategies and market needs
- Identify functionality requirements and ensure accurate use of information technology systems in order to gain competitive advantage
- Identify opportunities for design support in order to improve business processes and enhance customer/consumer intimacy
- Ensure that design activities leverage learning across the Puma organization
- Contribute to adequate protection of PUMA’s intellectual property
- Supporting Team head / Head of Design SPORTSTYLE BU and helping to manage the design tasks on a daily basis, and mentor Designers in the team
- Oversee the process of daily tasks and responsibilities in the Speed and Partnership timelines
- Guide the Speed and Partnership designers creatively
- Travel for development-, market- and design inspiration where necessary depending on annual budget.
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.