- Learn the Merchandise Planning functions through the supervision of Planning Staff. Partner with mentor as well as Merchandising staff to plan for short/long term maximization of sales that will be successful in retail.
- Analyze sales trends and be aware of inventory levels so as to maximize sales. Perform duties according to company policies and procedures with latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
- Learn how to evaluate shows and show segments, time of day, scheduled host, etc. in order to maximize sales performance and dollars generated per minute.
- Assist in the preparation of inventory and sales reports and in-depth analysis of major events for management review. Create show recaps and special reports for the Planners.
- Learn how to analyze the product life cycle by closely monitoring sales history, pricing, decisions and retail trends.
- Interface extensively with other departments such as e-com, retail admin and stores.
- Perform other duties and projects, research and organize data, such as inventory levels, or a specific product groups
- Acknowledge areas of strength and weakness, work to improve both, ask for help when needed.
- Be accountable to seek development opportunities to improve business knowledge and leadership skills.