Creative & Design
Designer I, Footwear - Golf
Carlsbad, United States of America
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, 4 year’s experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2-Year Design Experience
- Advanced skill level in Rhino 3D, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Additional 3D experience a plus.
- Self-starter attitude and willingness to take on any challenge
- Strong graphic, material and silhouette driven design sensibility.
- Ability to sketch and communicate design ideas in detail.
- Skilled at utilizing product data-base development tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time.
- Knowledge of footwear market, color and trends.
- Understanding of sports inspired design direction a plus
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires some domestic and/or international travel
- Passion for Design, Sports and Golf
The Hiring range base pay for this position is $51,800-$72,015 + Bonus + Benefits
Pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
- Responsible for assisting in the creative design and execution of seasonal international footwear product lines.
- Take direction and inspiration from Head of Design to incorporate PUMA seasonal initiatives into the Puma Golf Footwear ranges.
- Lead product design reviews for product line management. Create and present seasonal trend and color overviews at design meetings.
- Partner with Development Team in research of fabrications, techniques and applications. Develop thorough understanding of the capabilities, flexibility and limitations of source base.
- Conduct regular store visits to key accounts and competition to assure thorough knowledge of the market place.
- Create and execute product ranges that are brand appropriate and meet the needed cost and margin requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, CADs, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar.
- Update and create appropriate product category specific color CADs
- Upload designs and colors into online product database.
- Maintain and organize footwear materials library and storage.
- Help with general product team design needs which could include art production for additional categories.
- Create footwear and other advanced concepts through sketching and rendering
- Create and maintain footwear seasonal line sheets.
- Open-minded, self-starter willing to help other product categories when called upon in the spirt of creating best in class product and designs.
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.