Counsel Brand Protection
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field; Law degree is preferred.
- Prior work history in brand protection, Quality/compliance or investigations/ enforcement is preferred.
- Particularly in the areas of project management, supply chain investigations, counterfeiting, gathering market intelligence, test purchases & proactive market surveys, field investigation, external vendor management.
- Experienced in internal stakeholder engagement and collaboration is critical to this role.
- Must be able to understand, respect and work within the cultural diversity of the global environment.
- Fluent in Chinese and English.
- Develop and implement the strategies for the defense, protection, and enforcement of our product portfolio in China primarily.
- Collaborate with Global Trademarks and Brand Protection team to ensure cohesive and robust global anti-counterfeiting program.
- Ensure alignment with the goals and priorities of the company and global anti-counterfeiting program
- Manage day-to-day online to offline product security: Manages online and offline enforcement operations and actions, including raids, investigations, market surveys and Customs actions.
- Case Management: As illicit trade incidents are reported to brand protection counsel, this role will collaborate with marketing, wholesales, and retails to initiate and execute product security investigation and enforcement activities. The individual shall analyze and prioritize incident data to identify actions which mitigate risk. In addition, they will manage litigation cases to mitigate the estimated financial impact of illicit trade.
- Vendor/Partner Engagement: This involves collaboration and communication with local vendors, law enforcement officers, domestic and international brand protection associations and other rightsholders to ensure the consumers safety and safeguard PUMA’s market share from illicit trade and counterfeit products.
- Customs Recordation and Training: support global IP team to stop the illicit trade across the borders, manage the Customs recordation and trainings as required, work with Customs authorities on notifications/inspection/seizures.
- Awareness and Education: Ensure appropriate knowledge of the risks and mitigating measures is communicated broadly, both to internal associates and where appropriate, externally to trading partners and customers.
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.