- Actively ensure the streamlined operation of the Puma Oceania IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the region. Act as a central solution, development and competence center where the relevant concepts and direction are given. Maintain integrity, security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment. Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Plan, document, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities for Puma Oceania, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the Puma Oceania IT department. Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff. Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Plan, manage, and implement technology projects, by working closely with Puma Global project teams and local teams. Responsibilities include: project plan, communication plan, allocating tasks and setting milestones and insuring they are met.
- Strategic purchasing of IT assets, IT services contract management for the region, and related budget responsibilities.
- Support and implement global IT policies, procedures, and best practice as well as appropriate project management. This includes program and operation documentation and user training / support.
- Maintain a continual improvement process to identify opportunities where IT and technology can improve Puma Oceania processes and services.