The main focus of the Business Intelligence role is administration and development of the reporting tools (Power BI/ Excel) which includes consolidating data from various systems used by the Puma Oceania into one BI database and creation of indicative reports/dashboards showing current company performance against benchmarks.
Key responsibilities include:
BI Database Administrator:
- Administration of Windows Server Operating Systems
- SQL Server Database developing: Tables, Indexes, SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Views, user defined Functions etc.
- ETL and Data warehousing: Dataflow, SSIS administration, automatic overnight updates
- Adding new data sources through flat files and linked servers (Retail Pro v9, Retail Traffic, Customer service calls, Global BI Server, Azure analysis services, Dataflows)
- Excel /Power BI Super User: management and configuration of user accounts, technical support, backups, staff training etc.
- Support of existing and creating new reports and dashboards to meet business reporting requirements; data analysis to ensure quality and integrity of reporting
- Obtaining & collating data from customers and producing weekly Sell-through reports
- Providing visibility of Budgets and Forecasts in reports as required. Loading Budgets and Forecasts into BI database at the level of granularity required by the business.
- Continuous improvement of systems and tools used within the business (e.g., helping with implementation of digital product catalogue tool.
- Maintenance and development of VBA Macros automating routine operations such as automated price list and order forms processing macros)
- Mapping out and maintaining the company's critical business processes within
- MS Project document integrated with MS Outlook
- Assisting or driving new projects as per Puma Global or Puma Oceania needs (e.g., Global BI/Retail Sales/Wholesale/daily operating data transfer; BI version upgrades etc.)
- Developing and implementing transition plans to ensure smooth migration of reporting from Business Objects to Power BI, in alignment with SAP project rollout – minimize reporting gaps
- Organising BI user training for key stakeholders