Intern – Fit & Wear Testing, Footwear Development
November 19th, 2013
Job Location: PUMA International – 1 Congress Street Suite# 110 Boston, Massachusetts 02114 United States
Become a member of the Fit & Wear Test team (Footwear Product Development) at PUMA North America’s Boston office.
Primary duties are to support the Fit & Wear Test team in executing the fit and wear testing of all the footwear categories as outlined by the Senior Testing Manager. These duties may include:
- Checking test shoe shipments versus invoices.
- Numbering and cataloguing boxes.
- Staging shoes to proper area for testing, updating our fit & wear database.
- Taking pictures of test shoes.
- Performing fit testing on some basic styles.
- Working with the team and category developers to coordinate the timing of distributing test shoes.
- Emailing appropriate wear testers (using our database search queries) of available wear test shoes.
- Gathering test shoes and necessary shipping documents.
- Checking off returned test shoes in our database.
- Collating and summarizing test evaluations.
- Course Credit, 3 month assignment.
- College Student: Must currently be enrolled in a college/university degree program in Engineering, Marketing, Business (Consumer Products), Liberal Arts or International Studies. Formal approval for the internship must be obtained from your school!
- Computer/Software: Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of MS Access a plus, but not necessary.
- Passion for Sports: Current athlete or sport aficionado with an active lifestyle; participation on athletic teams is a plus and should be cited on resume documents, but not a necessity.
- Timeliness: High level of responsibility and commitment to the tasks at hand; ability to manage and deliver multiple projects in a timely fashion; hard working; eager to complete requests efficiently.
- Analytical skills: The ability to quickly deliver and understand quantitative output.
- Sense of urgency: Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment and produce results with a sense of urgency in a highly competitive industry demanding significant commitment to team and company.
- Accuracy: Demands accuracy in all tasks; self-policing and driven to produce output of the highest standard in a consistent manner.
- Positive attitude: Hard working, upbeat, friendly, team-player with excellent communication skills; competitive attitude and winning mentality; open-minded with an eagerness to embrace new cultures, personalities, and ideas.
- Multi-Tasking: Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize individual work load.
- Length of Internship: January to April.
- Flexible Hours: Minimum of 12 hours/week in no less than 4 hour/day time frames.
Start Date: 2013-09-30
Job Posting # 2013-1296