Herzogenaurach, Germany, April 26, 2005 – PUMA AG announces its consolidated financial results for the 1st Quarter of 2005
* Global brand sales increase more than 18% currency-neutral
* Consolidated sales grew almost 14% (currency-neutral)
* Gross profit margin on highest level in company’s history at 53.4%
* EBIT margin increases to 26.5%
* EPS improves by 13.5% from €5.00 to €5.68
* Future orders once again increase by more than 6% currency-neutral and reach €812 million
* Management reaffirms sales and earnings expectations for 2005
Sales and Earnings Development January through March 2005
Global brand sales up over 18%
PUMA’s worldwide branded sales, which include consolidated and license sales, rose 18.1% currency-neutral or, in Euro by 16.3% to €639 million. Footwear sales improved by 13.3% (in Euro 11.5%) to €376 million, Apparel by 21.5% (19.7%) to €211 million and Accessories by a strong 46.9% (45.1%) to €52 million.
Consolidated sales almost 14% above last year
Consolidated sales increased for the 25th consecutive quarter and continued with another double-digit growth of 13.7% currency-neutral in Q1. In Euro, this means an increase of 11.9% to €497 million. Sales in the largest segment, Footwear, were up 12.1% (in Euro 10.6%) to €338 million and Apparel by 12.4% (11.2%) to €124 million. Accessories realized the strongest growth rate with 32.5% (30.1%) and sales climbed to €35 million. All regions contributed positively to this performance.