PUMA is one of the worlds leading Sports Brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories. For over 65 years, PUMA has established a history of making fast product designs for the fastest athletes on the planet. PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Running, Training and Fitness, Golf, and Motorsports.
We are committed to working in ways that contribute to the world by supporting creativity, sustainability and peace, and by staying true to the principles of being fair, honest, positive and creative in decisions made and actions taken.
Would you like working in a fast pace and multicultural environment? Then PUMA is the right place to be! Become a member of our successful BU Accessories team. The position can either be based in our headquarters in Herzogenaurach / Germany or our office in Hong Kong.
We are currently looking for a Designer Accessories (m/f).
- Responsible for the creative design and execution of seasonal international accessories product lines
- Take Direction and Inspiration from the Accessories Creative Director to incorporate PUMA seasonal initiatives into the Puma accessories ranges
- Translate the briefings into conceptual design ideas
- Ensure that the balance between innovation and commerciality of the product offering is constantly maintained
- Must have knowledge of both product Design and Development for creation of tech packs
- Provide exact specifications for the development of the product lines
- Lead product design reviews together with product line management. Create and present seasonal trend and color overviews at design meetings
- Partner with Development Team in research of fabrications, techniques and applications. Develop thorough understanding of the capabilities, flexibility and limitations of source base
- Create and execute accessories ranges that are brand appropriate and meet the needed cost and margin requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, CADS, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar
- Update and create appropriate product category specific color CADs
- Upload designs and colors into online product database
- Help with general product team design needs which could include art production for additional categories
- Be proactive in order to resolve design issues
- Create accessories advanced concepts
- Open-minded, self-starter willing to help other product categories when called upon in the spirit of creating best in class product and designs.
- Bachelor Degree in Design and/or relevant field of study
- Minimum 2- 3 years Design experience, ideally in Accessories
- Advanced skill level in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Self-starter attitude and willingness to take on any challenge
- Strong graphic, material and silhouette driven design sensibility
- Ability to sketch and communicate design ideas in detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time
- Knowledge of accessories market, colors and trends
- Requires some domestic and/or international travel
- Experience in international product development and manufacturing processes a plus
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
If you are a flexible, open-minded and dedicated inpidual, PUMA offers interesting opportunities not only in an exciting and challenging industry, but also an enjoyable and open working atmosphere. If you have the drive and commitment to work in the dynamic and demanding PUMA environment, please submit your online application including your CV and portfolio with your possible starting date and salary expectations.